Masterclass in »Lied« Interpretation at Husum Castle
Interpretation of songs from different eras.
The course is directed towards advanced song or piano students and young musicians with corresponding qualifications or experience. If you would like to apply, please bring three copies of your music with you. If you want to apply: please bring your own sheet music (essentially in triplicate)
Tutors Prof. Ulf Bästlein (Voice) CV Ulf Bästlein Charles Spencer (Piano) CV Charles Spencer
The registration fee of 100 Euro is to be paid on application and entitles the applicant to attend both concerts and as a daily audience member. For foreign transfer please use this bank account numbers: BIC-Nr.: NOLADE21NOS IBAN-Nr: DE 342 175 000 000 000 16196 Registration fee entitles the applicant to attend both concerts and as a daily audience member.
For foreign transfer please use this bank account numbers: BIC-Nr.: NOLADE21NOS IBAN-Nr: DE 342 175 000 000 000 16196, Nord-Ostsee Sparkasse
Deadline for applications
16th of July 2021
Because the number of active participants is limited, there will be an entrance examination in Husum Castle in order to decide who will take part. Please prepare an art song of your choice.
Not open to the general public. Participation is only possible after previous application and payment of registration fee (100 Euro)! Tuesday 28th of July 2021, 11am at »Suedfluegelsaal«, Husum Castle
Tuesday 27th of July 2021, 11am at »Suedfluegelsaal«, Husum Castle
Participation is only possible after previous application and payment of registration fee (100 Euro).
Classes are open to the public and can be attended daily from Wednesday to Friday from 10am – open end. The exact timing of the lessons takes place after the entrance exam.
Prizes for best performances and final concert
The best performances at the final concert on Saturday, 31st of July 2021 will be chosen by an independent jury to receive the following prizes:
- 1st Liedduo-Prize: Johann-Max-Böttcher-Prize
- • 2st Liedduo-Prize: Nordfriesischer Liedpreis – in the gift of the State of Schleswig-Holstein’s ministry of education, science and culture
- • Nicolaus Bruhns Prize for Singing – donated by Hof-Angelbur-Dr.-Annemarie-Hansen-Foundation
- • Prize of church St. Marien Husum
- • Audience Award– donated by Gabrielle Gumpert and Barbara Hess
- Hardenack Otto Conrad Zinck- Prize
• Admitted to the entrance exam are the participants if they either have evidence that they have already been vaccinated
are or have a negative test (not older than 24 hours) submit.
• Only listeners who have already been vaccinated or have a daily negative test result submit. More than 10 listeners are not allowed in the Halls. Access control in front of the corresponding hall.
• Concerts, this year a maximum of 40 listeners are allowed, with distance and mask. Access is only possible with receipt of the Vaccination or by a daily negative test result possible.
Here you´ll find a list of Corona test stations at Nordfriesland:
Application form for the masterclasses can be downloaded here. Please download and print out the form, complete it and send it to the Music School of North Frisia via mail or email:
Kulturmanagement (Nathalie Gerstle)/Kreismusikschule Nordfriesland (Anke Lipschinski), Schloss vor Husum, König-Friedrich V.-Allee, 25813 Husum/Germany
Telefon 0049-4841-8973-123, Telefax 0049-4841-8973-120, email: email@example.com